Receiving a New Detector
When you receive a detector be sure to wait at least 24 hours in order to allow the detector to come into thermal equilibrium with the lab environment. Opening the package too soon will risk fracturing the crystal.
ASI RMA Policy
ASI will issue an RMA (Return Material Authorization) number to any customer that wants us to have us perform a no cost evaluation for on a detector. This offer is for both warranty and non-warranty detectors. Be sure you understand our warranty before you return a detector.
We will offer an RMA number under several conditions:
- We do not charge for the first phase of an evaluation that includes a visual inspection and an electric test (if the PMT(s) are working.
- If a detector is returned to ASI we do not allow charge backs against any outstanding invoices
- Shipping charges to ASI and return from ASI are paid by the customer
- In order to provide a best estimate for the cost of repair we may have to disassemble the detector. We will secure permission to do this before we begin the disassembly.
- ASI will use all state of the art equipment and procedures to rework the detector. The customer must understand that the quality of a rework or performance that ASI can achieve is limited by the quality of the material we are provided.
- ASI has a very high success rate at disassembling and reworking detector assemblies. The customer must understand that there is a risk that when a crystal is reworked the crystal can fracture. ASI will not be responsible for a crystal that is damaged during our rework process.
- We cannot repair fractured crystals.
- The customer has read and understands our Warranty Statement.
The customer should refer to our Recommended Packaging and Shipping Instructions for Large and Small Volume detectors.
Procedure for Returning Detectors to ASI – Warranty and Non-Warranty
If a customer has encountered a detector that is not performing properly, we have set up a method for returning the detector. ASI provides a no charge evaluation of detectors from all manufacturers. We ask that you follow these procedures.
- Complete an ASI Returned Goods Authorization Data Sheet. This will start the process of ASI assigning a RGA number.
- Follow the recommended instructions for packaging and shipping so that no damage occurs during shipment to ASI.
- Don’t hesitate to call or contact us if you have any questions.
Scintillation detectors are fragile instruments. The following documents provide recommended packaging instructions for successfully shipping our scintillation detectors.
Remember too that we are available by phone to assist in providing suggestions so that you can evaluate the performance problem before shipping the detector to us.