Alpha Spectra, Inc. is a global supplier of scintillation detectors. As experts who have been in the industry for 30+ years, we specialize in working with our customers to design quality radiation detectors that provide the highest level of performance and engineered reliability. These designs have been used in many laboratories. We produce both special prototype gamma radiation detectors and large run commodity type detectors.
ASI delivers scintillation detectors for numerous commercial, industrial and research applications. We can manufacture to your print or we will be happy to cooperate with you to develop a prototype design that will meet your strict performance requirements. Some of the special type units that we have built include: ultra-low background counting systems; special pixilated multi-element Phoswich arrays; ruggedized environmental monitors; and special L-well type annular detectors for Compton suppression. Scintillation materials that we build detectors from include: NaI(Tl), BGO, CsI(Na), Cs(Tl), Cs(pure), plastic, and others.
Here’s a list of some of the applications we serve:
- Health Physics: surveying, whole body counters
- Astroparticle Physics: search for Dark Matter
- Planetary/Space Research: launch pad support
- Space Research: assembles qualified for unmanned space flight
- High Energy Physics: sub nuclear structure
- Atomic Physics: atomic structure
- Nuclear Physics: decay schemes
- Ultra-low Background Sample Counting: materials radiopurity characterization
- Oil, Gas and Mineral Exploration: search and develop natural resources
- Industrial Thickness, Level and Density Gauges: paper, beer, soda and roofing materials
- Nuclear Power Plants: perimeter monitors, personnel monitors
- Environmental Sampling and Surveying: fixed location and hand-held instruments
- Home Land Security: portal monitors, site surveying
- Medical Research: develop radiopharmaceuticals
- Medical Imaging: anatomical cancer recognition
- Disaster Response: first responders.
Our detectors are used in hospitals, nuclear power plants, research labs, oil and gas boreholes, they have been space qualified, defense applications, outdoor surveying, in airplane and helicopter surveys, manufacturing plants, and food and drink plants. Does this list include your application?
These are a few of the amazing applications that we support. As you might assume, our detector designs must meet some widely varying environmental challenges. Whether you require a standard detector or need technical and engineering support to develop or improve a design, ASI will be a resource that you can trust. You are supported with our experience to manufacture a detector that will perform as you need. We are a small, but total-capability manufacturer. Since our beginning, we have always invested in staff and equipment to provide you with strong applications know-how, innovative engineering, attentive professional manufacturing and guaranteed quality. We began this way and we continue with the same philosophy.
Our detectors are used in these applications around the globe. We understand our customer’s applications. We work with you to ensure that we are providing a reliable design that will give many years of service.
Our focus is to provide personal attention. When you talk with ASI people, you will talk with a scintillation and application professional. We are all enthusiastic about the way the company has positioned itself to be a world leader and how this ability has provided the means to provide the best support to new and existing customers. Our goal continues to be to respond quickly to your needs and provide reliable delivery of quality detectors that are priced reasonably.
Please contact us about your application.