ASI grows very large crystal ingots and we routinely deliver very large volume detectors. Our large volume detectors provide the volume necessary to increase the measurement sensitivity, reduce valuable counting time and increase throughput. In 1993 we developed a remarkable design for the 4x4x16 NaI(Tl) detector. It’s key features are:
- The detector is ruggedized.
- The crystal is spring loaded in the assembly. The force virtually eliminates any potential for loss of interface between the crystal and the optical window.
- The crystal is in an all-welded assembly. There are no epoxy seals to age. This extends the lifetime of the detector.
- The crystal housing is under vacuum. This reduces the possibility for loss of interface at the crystal to window face since there is no gas inside the assembly. It also mechanically stabilizes the assembly.
- This is the most reliable detector design sold, anywhere!
For more information, please contact us.
Large Volume Detectors Data Sheet